Getting the RV Ready for Spring
Spring RV Prep
Spring has sprung and so has the itch to go for long weekends in the RV. Which means it is the perfect time to start planning for your first camping trip of the season. While looking over the map and deciding where to go, it is also important to make sure that your RV is ready for the trip. To help get your RV ready for the first trip of the season, keep these spring RV preparation tips in mind.
- Give it a good look – after you uncover your RV, walk around it and look for any exterior damage that should be fixed. Check the caulking around the doors, windows, and roof vents. Any small cracks can mean serious problems if water starts leaking into your rig.
- Clean it up – while in storage, your RV probably collected more dust than you think. Vacuum the floor, and wipe down the table and counter to get your RV looking its best.
- Valves and hoses – inspect all hoses for any signs of damage or wear. Also make sure to check the valves in the bathroom, and kitchen area to ensure that they are tight. A leaky valve could mean a serious, and possibly stinky, issue while on the road.
- Battery – if you took out the battery while you stored your RV, put it back in. If you have had the same battery for a number of years, it may be time to invest in a new one.
- Smoke detectors – check the smoke detectors in your RV to ensure that they are working properly. Replace the batteries in any detectors that are not working properly.
Before you hit the road, it is important to make sure that you look over your RV insurance policy to ensure that you have the right amount of protection. Contact the insurance professionals at American Advantage – IFS Inc. in Pewaukee, Wisconsin for all of your RV insurance coverage needs.